Search This Blog

Friday, March 10, 2017

Naked Came The Nude

Why in the world did you name your blog that?

Good question random voice in my head. I named my blog "Naked Came The Nude" because of MST3K #519 Outlaw of Gor. During the credits, Mike and the bots are riffing about the names of movies on the USA network and Mike tosses out "Naked Came The Nude." I've always thought it would make a great blog title.

But wait, there's more. As I researched the name to make sure no one else had it, I came across this lovely bit about a group of cheeky journalists who set out to

"...write a book that was both deliberately terrible and contained a lot of descriptions of sex, to illustrate the point that popular American literary culture had become mindlessly vulgar."

Which tickled me even more since I write erotica.

So that's the story behind the name of the blog. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment